Friday 6 February 2009

Becca Mattifying Primer Base


For me, this is a like but not love product. It does a pretty good job, but just doesn't compare to Lola's Refine Shine.

Here's what Becca has to say about their Mattifying Primer with anti-oxidant vitamin E, works to visibly improve the look and texture of the skin by smoothing fine lines and pores to create and even canvas for makeup. It helps the skin retain moisture without a greasy feel, giving a matte finish to oilier, shiny skin and extending the wear of liquid and cream makeup. Leaves the skin feeling velvety soft.

Maybe I've been spoilt by my Lola mattifying primer, but I was expecting great things from Becca's primer and I didn't get them. It's a nice primer, but it's not a great mattifier. By lunchtime I have oily skin again. My skin is just as oily using this as it is when I don't use it. So that's the mattifying part of it. Now for the primer side.

As a primer, this is a nice product. It makes my skin feel smooth, and my makeup last all day. It even works very well as an eye primer. For people with normal skin, this would be a great primer. It's one that I'll probably use in winter, when I have dry skin.

Would I buy it again? No. It's a nice product, but not as a mattifier. There are much better mattifying products available. I would consider buying it again to use as a primer though.

Ingredients: aqua, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glyceryl stearate, magnesium aluminium silicate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, glycerin, tocopherol, ceteareth-6, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-25, allantoin, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, proplyparaben, isobutylparaben, parfum.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!