Tuesday 24 February 2009

Dermalogica Age Smart Renewal Lip Complex


Recommended for the smart management and treatment of skin aging. A sophisticated daily treatment with a patented polypeptide restores delicate tissue, minimises contour lines and helps prevent the signs of aging caused by advanced glycation end products (AGEs - a damaging by product of sugar/protein reactions in the skin). Vitamin E fights damaging free radicals (reactive oxygen species) while a moisturising blend of avocado oil, combined with shea and cocoa seed butter, quickly smooths rough, uneven lips. Contains no artificial fragrance or colour.

After reading that, how could I resist buying this lip balm? Not that I can resist buying most lip balms, but this one sounded so good I was convinced to hand over the $ so I could find out if the claims were actually true. I bought mine from skincare store as they are so much cheaper than other places and they have a price match guarantee.

The first thing I thought about this is that it's like using a lip gloss. It's got the shine of a gloss, without the stickiness. The second thing I thought was, it smells great, just like berries!
It has a very slight berry taste, but it's barely noticeable. The texture is great, it's rich and moisturising without being waxy.

The applicator is great, it's a slant tip with holes in it, and you twist the base to get the balm to come out. I find the balm to be very moisturising and long lasting. I only need to apply this every few hours.

I'm not sure what I was expecting from this balm, but let's face it, lip balm is lip balm, and it'd have to be pretty amazing to make it worth over $20. And even if it was amazing, would a lip balm really be worth over $20? I have to say no.

Whilst I really like this balm, I just don't think it's worth the price. It doesn't do anything that other, cheaper balms do.

Would I buy it again? No, it's not worth the cost.

Ingredients: bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, synthetic beeswax, tocopheryl acetate, di-c12-15 alkyl fumarate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, lauryl lactate, arginine/lysine polypeptide, palmitoyl oligopeptide, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), sodium hyaluronate, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, safflower oil/palm oil aminopropanediol esters, squalane, ethylhexyl palmitate, silica dimethyl silylate, butylene glycol, tribehenin, sorbitan isostearate, stevioside, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, VP/eicosene copolymer, benzyl alcohol, flavour (aroma).

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!