Friday 27 February 2009

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm

Reve de Miel is one of those balms that has a cult following. According to Nuxe, around the world, one of these balms is sold every 30 seconds. Personally, I don't understand why.

It's a very thick balm that's great to use in winter or when my lips are really sore and chapped. It also works well as a lip primer as it's matte and waxy. Due to the shea butter it can get a little lumpy, when this happens I zap mine in the microwave for about 20 seconds and that melts them all. As it's so thick and waxy, I usually use this as a night balm. I don't really like to use it during the day as it balls up unless I apply a very light layer.

Whilst this balm does a pretty good job, I'm not in love with it. It smells good, but I find it a little bit too thick to use regularly.

Would I buy it again? No. It's a nice balm, but there are better ones that cost a lot less.

Ingredients: cera alba, butyrospermum parkii, vegetable oil, lecithin, behenoxy dimethicone, prunus dulcis, mel, dimethicone, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, citrus grandis, caprylic/capric triglycerides, hydrogenated vegetable oil, limonene, glycine soja, rosa moschata, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, allantoin, citrus limonum, candelilla cera, calendula officinalis, citral, linalool.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!