Friday 6 March 2009

Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel

I'm in love with this cleanser. In fact, I'll even go so far as to say it's my current Holy Grail cleanser, I like it that much.

Pure Melt Cleansing Gel is the most unique cleanser I've ever used. It comes out of the tube feeling like a gel, when I rub it onto my face it feels like an oil and when I wash it off it feels like a milk. Unlike other oil cleansers this one doesn't leave my skin feeling at all oily or greasy.

It's applied onto dry skin, and then rubbed in for a while. I usually rub it in for a few minutes to make sure my skin is really clean. It removes all my make-up, including eye make-up, and I don't need to cleanse twice as it gets everything off the first time.  It doesn't irritate or sting my eyes, and won't leave them feeling all oily like some oil cleansers do. 

After I've cleansed with my Pure Melt cleanser my skin feels comfortable, not dry and not oily. When my skin is in the oily phase I can get away with not using any moisturiser after cleansing, when it's in the dry phase I need to.  

This is a cleanser that I'll definitely be buying again. In fact, I'm thinking of buying a back up, because there is currently a GWP at Terry White Chemists. To get the GWP you have to buy two products, one of them being skincare. 

I don't have the ingredients list as I got a travel sized tube as part of a GWP, so when I get the full sized product I'll update this with the ingredients list. According to the Clarins website the active ingredients are: oil in water emulsion, mineral oil which is an emollient, marula oil which comforts, soothes and helps balance skin’s hydrolipidic film.

3 comments :

  1. GQ - your blog is dangerous - I always want to buy what you trial - now particularly this - this cleanser sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe. Elmo, they have a GWP on at Terry White chemists at the moment too. You have to buy 2 products, one being skincare, so if you want this cleanser it's a good time to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same as you elmo. There's a Clarins GWP on at David Jones at the moment and I need a new cleanser. I usually use the cream one but I am seriously tempted to try this out.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!