Wednesday 20 May 2009

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer


For those of you who love Burt's Bees lip balms but are after something with a bit of colour to it, you need one of these balms. The colours that I've tried are all very pigmented, they have the colour of a lipstick with that great tingly feeling that I get from the Burt's Bees original balm.

Other than the colour, these are exactly like the original Burt's Bees lip balms. They leave my lips feeling soft and hydrated and work really well when my lips are cracked. The texture is a little waxy so the colour lasts for at least 3 hours before I need to reapply. As with other Burt's Bees products Lip Shimmers are petrolatum free.

I'm not quite sure why they're called Lip Shimmers as most of the colours are not shimmery. They're matte with a very slight gloss to them. They have a very slight peppermint flavour and fragrance.

Would I buy this again? Yes, I always have a few of these floating around.

Ingredients:
ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera, cire de candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, cera carnauba (copernicia cerifera, cire de carnauba) wax, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene.
May contain: ci 77491/77492/77499 (iron oxides), mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 778161(tin oxide).

1 comment :

  1. OMG I want. lol I've got one of the ordinary lip balms and I love it. This might take my burts bees love to a new level. Thanks for sharing! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!