Wednesday 27 January 2010

Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Sugar Scrub


I received a travel sized tube of Creme Brulee Sugar Scrub as part of a gwp. I was so excited to get this as I love the scent of Laura Mercier's body products but have never bought a full sized one because of the price.


The best thing about this scrub is the scent, it smells amazing. Apart from the scent there's nothing much that I like about it.

If this was sold as a body wash it'd be pretty good as it's quite moisturising and creamy, however as a body scrub it's totally ineffective. You can see in the picture below there are hardly any sugar scrub particles in it. Due to the lack of particles no matter how much I rub this in it doesn't exfoliate at all. 



Laura Mercier says: Creamy texture removes dead skin cells from the skin's surface. Promotes a radiant, polished glow. Can be used every other day but mild enough for everyday usage

I agree that this is gentle enough to use every day. It'd make a nice shower gel as the fragrance is lovely. The fragrance is quite long lasting too, I can smell it for a few hours after I've had a shower. 

Would I buy it? No, as a body scrub it's totally ineffective.
 
Ingredients: propylene glycol, glycerin, sucrose, peg-12, dimethicone, isopropyl myristate, fragrance, polyacrylamide, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, camellia oleifera leaf extract, cinnamomum zeylanicum bark extract, beta vulgaris (beet) extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, jasminum officinale (jasmine) extract, panax ginseng root extract, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, bertholletia excelsa seed oil, honey, c13-14 isoparaffin, laureth-7, glycolic acid, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, titanium dioxide.

3 comments :

  1. I so wanted this to be the best scrub ever, cause I love the smell of Laura Mercier products also. Thanks for saving me some money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew what all the ingredients meant, like if they're good or bad.. I know how to read food labels, but product labels my mind just gets blown up!

    Great review! Shame it didn't work out.. You should try St Ives as a body exfoliator, I did it on my legs just before and they're sooo smooth :) Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addicted 2 Lip Balm, I'm glad I could save you some $$. I really wanted this to be amazing too because the scent is heavenly.

    Lorien, have you ever seen this site: http://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/index.php? It's a great place to get info about ingredients and what they are. I've been wanting to try that St Ives exfoliator for ages, I'm going to get it when my current scrub runs out.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!