Tuesday 18 May 2010

Revlon Crimson ColourBurst Lipstick


Ladies, if you get the opportunity to be a Primped VIP do it! I've received so many amazing products since I've been a VIP and they're products that I wouldn't normally buy due to the price. It's a great way to get to try some amazing new products and you even get some of them before they've been released!
I've been reading about Revlon's ColourBurst lipsticks on US blogs for a few months now so was super excited when I found a tube in my latest VIP package.

I received the colour Crimson which is a deep red/wine colour. It's not a colour that I'd wear every day but it's perfect for a statement lip. Whilst I say that it's not a colour I'd wear every day I've found that I've been wearing this quite often. I've finally realised that wearing bright lipstick is perfect for when I'm in a hurry because all I need to do is foundation, concealer, eyeliner, mascara, blush and lipstick, so it's nice and quick.


This is a beautiful lipstick. Imagine that a long lasting lipstick and a creamy, moisturising lipstick got married. ColourBurst would be their baby. It looks and feels like a moisturising lipstick but has the wear of a matte, long lasting lipstick. 

I wear ColourBurst two ways, as a lip stain or as a full colour lipstick. One coat blotted makes it a lip stain that lasts for ages and two coats gives a beautiful intense colour that lasts at least half a day. When this wears off it leaves enough colour that it looks like I'm wearing a matte lipstick or a lipstain.

Would I buy this? Yes, I'm planning on buying some more colours soon! 



Ingredients: bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, polyester-4, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, cetyl peg/ppg 10/dimethicone, cera microcristallina, polyethylene, ppg-3 benzyl ether myristate, styrene, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, dimethicone/bis-isobutyl ppg-20 crosspolymer, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, vanilla planifolia fruit, isodecyl neopentanoate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, squalane, sorbic acid.
May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, yellow 5 lake, blue 1 lake.

3 comments :

  1. It's a really lovely color and the packaging is to die for =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty :) even though I'm mildly obsessed with red lips, for some reason I always swatch Soft Nude at the store.

    How do you become a Primped VIP?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of soft nude too, I think it'll be my next purchase.

    To become a Primped VIP you need to lodge an application and then if you get accepted pay around $140 to cover postage and then you're a VIP. I think they'll be asking for new VIP members in September. Membership goes for a year and you get 4 packages. If you get the opportunity I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!