Friday 16 July 2010

Cellnique Derma Whitening Essence



I was recently sent a few Cellnique products to trial and review. The first product that I tried was the Derma Whitening Essence.

Here's what Cellnique has to say about Derma Whitening Essence: Derma Whitening Essence is a high performance lightening essence that effectively targets the appearance of dark spots to give skin and extraordinary radiance and natural colour. It is a revolutionary formulation for gradual fading of epidermal pigmentation or harm caused by free radicals. It is also enhanced with idebenone that acts as a powerful free radical scavenger.

Before:

After:



As you can see from the before and after photo's, this really didn't work for me. I had high hopes that it would be effective, especially on the dark patch on the side of my face, however it looks the same now as it did when I first started using the serum. 


I was surprised at how quickly I used this up. It lasted me about six weeks with twice daily use. Maybe if I used another bottle of this I would see results, but I didn't notice any change in my skin tone at all.

You can buy Cellnique products from  their website. They ship worldwide, have a flat rate shipping of $10 (AUD) and free shipping if your purchase is over $60.

Would I buy this? No.

Ingredients: purified water, idebenone, peg-100 stearate and glyceryl stearate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl ethylhexagonate, octyl methoxycinnamate, punica granatum seed oil, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, saccharide isomerate, jojoba oil, tocotrienol, dimethicone, salicylic acid, allantoin, licorice extract, imidazolidinyl urea, beta-sitosterol, hydrogenated phosphatidylcholine, caprylyl glycol, hydrogenated lecithin, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben.  

7 comments :

  1. This is really interesting! I've been thinking about purchasing from Cellinique, but now that I've read your review I might put it on the backburner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you so much for your support through these hard times. Your comment means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to have found you! Another beauty blogger from WA how exciting!
    Love it!

    Check out my blog if you like:
    http://pepperandbaxter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dempeaux, I've read good reviews about some of their other products. I have a few more to test out and will be posting reviews of them soon.

    Gaby, my thoughts are with you xx

    Pepperandbaxter, I just looked at your blog, I'm following you now :)
    Dempeaux is from WA too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, just found your blog, looks like you are reviewing some interesting products. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog is really interesting.I am your new follower..please visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh thanks for the review... i've been reading reviews on the cellinique skincare line. im so tempted to try their serums! i've used the one for blackheads and it works pretty well on my skin :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!