Monday 15 November 2010

Essie Au Natural

I have to admit that even though I'm a beauty fan, I rarely paint my fingernails. The reason for that it I haven't been able to find a long lasting nail polish since Revlon discontinued it's Colourstay polishes. Not to be discouraged, I continue trying out new polishes in the hope of finding something that lasts more than a few hours on me without chipping. 

I'd now like to introduce you all to my new favorite nail polish brand Essie.

Essie products have recently become available at Myer stores. As a Myer One member I received a special offer where I received a gorgeous GWP if I spent over $30 on Essie products. What a great excuse to shop!

I purchased 3 way glaze (a base, strengthener and top coat in one), Au Natural and Red Label polishes. Au Natural is now one of my favorite polishes. With a base coat, two layers of polish and a top coat it lasts at least five days on me without any chipping. By day five the colour starts to wear off on the tips of my nails, but it's barely noticeable and I can go seven days before I need to remove the polish and start again. How amazing is that?
As you can see from the photo's, Au Natural is a lovely nude colour. It's a little brighter than it looks in the photo's and has a subtle, pretty shimmer. This has become my favorite polish to wear to work as it goes with everything and makes my nails look nice and 'done'.


Would I buy this again? Yes, it's my new favourite polish brand!

2 comments :

  1. I have been buying off transdesign and the price is just amazing - or should I say the Myer's price is just ridiculous

    http://www.transdesign.com/

    make sure to click on Essie A to Z - there are a lot more colours than on the Essie "cover" page

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link Bini, those prices are a lot more reasonable than Myer!

    I'm on the site now looking at all the pretty colours I want :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!