Monday 31 January 2011

January Empties






As you can see, this year is off to a flying start with my empties. Let's hope the rest of the year continues in the same way. I didn't do as well with reducing my stash as I'd hoped to last year, however I'm hoping to do better this year. I think that being a new mum will probably help, as I won't have as much time to shop.
Nivea Gentle facial cleansing wipes - These are great wipes and if I hadn't tried wotnot wipes I'd buy these again. Unfortunately, wotnot wipes have ruined all other wipes for me, nothing compares to them, so I won't purchase these. You can read my review here.


Garnier Delicate eye make-up remover - This is a great, gentle eye make-up remover, I'll definitely purchase it again.  I have reviewed it here.

A'kin Pure creamy cleanser and toner - I got this as a gwp and am so glad I did. It's a lovely, gentle cleanser, I'll happily use this again. Reviewed here.


Nivea Light Feel Daily Face Veil - This was okay, nothing special. In the end I used it on my neck and decolletage. I wouldn't purchase it again. 

Schwarzkopf Oil Nutritive conditioner - This was great for my dry hair and it's cheap too. I'd buy this. 


Abahna White grapefruit and May Chang bath and shower gel - This smells beautiful and I'd buy it for that reason alone. 

Clinique Rinse-off foaming cleanser - This one isn't empty, it's full, however I'm throwing it out because I don't like it. It stings my eyes and makes my skin feel squeaky clean, which I don't like. Needless to say, I wouldn't purchase this.

T'estimo PU-57 eyeshadow - This is a beautiful shimmery taupe eyeshadow that I'm really sad to see used up. If I had access to T'estimo I'd buy it again without hesitation.

Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara - I love this mascara. Although I can't say I noticed much curving with it, it's non clumpy, doesn't smudge and looks good all day. I also really like the funny shaped brush.

DKNY Pure perfume - This is a pretty scent, very fresh and nice for summer.

YSL Parisienne - I love this scent, if I didn't have a huge collection of perfumes I'd buy it tomorrow. 

Dolce and Gabanna L'eau The One - This is another one that I'd buy tomorrow too, it's gorgeous.

Dior Miss Dior Cherie - Like most of the Dior fragrances, this is beautiful and I'd love to buy it.  

Belli Elasticity Belly Oil - I can't say if this works or not yet, I'll post about it after I've had bub. So far I don't have any stretch marks so that's a good thing. This is a beautiful oil, it has a lovely, light lavender scent, sinks in quickly and stops the pregnancy itches. If you want it though, don't buy it in Australia as it's around $75 (AUD). I bought mine from Apothica for around $40 (AUD). 

The KMS bottle was actually my Shizen Rose face spray. I put it into the KMS bottle as the spray was horrible. Aside from that I really loved this product, it smells amazing and is really refreshing on my skin in summer. I keep it in the fridge and spritz it all over to cool me down. 

Palmers Gentle Daily Cleanser - I've reviewed this here. If you can't be bothered reading the review I'll summarise it for you. This is a lovely, gentle cleanser. I've gone through 2 tubes of it and will repurchase it again.


Little Me Organics Mum to be Organics Rich Tummy Cream- I really like this cream. It smells lovely, keeps the itchies at bay and so far I don't have any stretch marks, so it appears to be working.


The Body Shop Shea Butter sample - This is one of my favorite body butter scents, I've purchased it over and over again.

100% Pure Coconut body butter - This is heavenly. Coconut is one of my favorite 100% Pure scents, I'll definitely purchase this (if Kit still stocks it). 


Napoleon Auto Pilot Dream Cream for face - I'd buy this for the scent alone. I'm not sure what the scent is, the tube says fig but I'm sure it's more than that. Whatever it is, it smells amazing. 


Hissyfit Handy Work - I was quite surprised at how much I liked this hand cream. It's very hydrating, sinks in quickly and is non greasy. I'd certainly consider purchasing this.


Lancome Tresor In Love - I liked this scent but didn't love it. It's not one that I'd purchase.


Dolce and Gabanna The One - This is nice too, but not amazing.


Jean Paul Gaultier Classic - Nice, but again, not one of my favorite scents.


That funny silver tube you can see is my Clinique eye pencil. I have had this for around 15 years, it's one of my favorite eye pencils. I'm not sure what the full name was, but the colour is called blue grey. It has an eye pencil on one end and an eyeshadow on the other end. I'm so sad that I've finished it as I have never found another colour that's the same, it's the perfect blue grey colour.

It's not in the photo, but I also finished a Garner Mineral spray on deodorant - I really liked this, it was very effective even in the horrible summer heat we've been having. I'll happily buy this again. 

6 comments :

  1. I love your 'empties' lists, I am tempted to do the same to see just how much I use up in Feb! Such a great idea!

    emmabovary xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Congrats on getting rid of multiple products. :) It takes me forever to finish something...but I keep buying nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job! That is a lot of empties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start to the new year! I managed to use up some items too :) And back2mac for a lippy as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schwarzkopf Oil Nutritive conditioner - After shampooing my hair, I apply this conditioner to the middle to ends of my hair, and wait one or two minutes before rinsing it out. It smells pleasant, and quite sweet. After rinsing it off, my hair feels smooth. Not much of the scent is retained, but that isn't really an issue for me. When my hair is dry, it feels quite tangle-free and pleasant, so I think this conditioner certainly does the job. I have noticed that it does need the two minute wait; if it is rinsed off immediately then I am occasionally left with dry/frizzy areas in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a genius idea. I'm very tempted to do something similar.

    And seriously, is there anything Palmers CANT do? They're up there with St Ives in my they-can-do-no-wrong chemist/priceline brands.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!