Wednesday 11 January 2012

Taking Care of Me

One of my new years resolutions was to take care of me. Since bub arrived I haven't been taking care of myself. It's due to a few factors, first I've been really tired, secondly I don't have much spare time and third I spend most of my time thinking about bub not me. I hadn't really thought about taking care of myself or realised that I wasn't, it's only in the last month that I've relised it's time I started thinking about me and what I need.

I've done a few things already. In the mornings I'm taking the time to put on makeup. At night I'm double cleansing and applying night cream, body moisturiser and hand cream. A few nights per week I'm using a face mask. These are all small things but things that make me feel good.

I've also got a six month gym membership. My brother in law moved over east and had six months left on his membership so I took it over. I'm not really a fan of the gym, but this one has a creche and I'd like to get rid of a few more kilos so I'm going to make myself go.

When it comes to the next step I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. I need to find something to do that's just about me. In the past I used to do martial arts and I loved it. I'd love to go back to that but the classes are at night time and at the moment I don't have the energy to go out at night, I'm ready for bed at 7pm (case in point, it's 6.20pm and I'm in bed, wearing a face mask). 
There's a class I'd like to go to that is at 7.30pm, I'm thinking I'll do a few classes and see how I go. Bub is starting to sleep better and once this last tooth is through I'm hoping he'll go back to only waking up once a night. If he does then having one late night a week shouldn't be a problem. 


Things would be so much easier if I had family here who could babysit for me for an hour or so every now and again. Since I don't, there's no point dwelling on it.

Blogging is something that I love and I do it purely for myself, however I don't see it as time out or find it relaxing and it doesn't get me out of the house.

Since bub was born I've been away from him about five times. Once was when I had a Super Quickie at Kit, once I was buying a birthday and father's day present for hubby and the other times have been when I've had a massage. Sunday was the longest I've ever been away from bub. I went to the Perth Online Beauty Media event (post to come) and was away from bub for four hours. I thought I'd be worrying about bub the whole time but I was so busy chatting to all the lovely ladies that I didn't have time to be worried. It was really nice to have some time to myself and do something that was just about me. When I got home I felt renewed and ready to resume my Mummy duties.

Taking care of me is going to be an ongoing thing. Before bub arrived it wasn't something I even thought about, I just did it, but now that bub is here I need to make an effort to look after me so that I can be a great mum and wife.    

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!