Wednesday 5 March 2014

February Favourites


Vaseline Intensive Care spray moisturiser - I am in love with this, it's such a brilliant idea. Years ago I had a spray moisturiser (I think it was by Nivea), which I found really convenient, so when I saw this in Woolworths I had to get one. It's genius and has quickly become a staple. The spray works at all angles (even up side down) and is great for when I'm in a rush. I spray it on and as long as I don't hold the can too close to my body, I don't even need to rub it in. 
One word of warning. It makes the floor very, very slippery so I suggest standing on a mat or towel when you are applying it. I tried applying it in the shower and nearly fell over the next time I got into the shower.

MAC Bare Canvas Paint - I'm trying to finish this as part of the 2014 Beauty Diet. As you can see, it's pretty ancient, they don't even come in tube form any more and haven't for a long time. I've been using it every day and have been reminded how much I love it, it's a great base colour. I have the pot version too, which I'll start using once this one is empty.

Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator - This is my second bottle and it won't be my last. I love the illuminated, not tired appearance this gives my skin, it's great for those days when I've had very little sleep and I don't want it to be obvious. Yes it's expensive, but it's worth every cent.

Lavanila Deodorant - I have finally found a natural deodorant that I can use! It's been a very long hunt and it's over! I'll be posting a review of this soon, but those of you with sensitive pits who are looking for a natural deodorant, give this a go!

Audra James Skin Cleansing Balm - Love, love, love this. My beautiful friend Karen gave this to me last year, I used it a few times then forgot about it. I don't know why, because it's gorgeous. I pulled it out again a few months ago and I can't imagine ever being without it again. They say that the Eve Lom cleansing balm is the best cleanser in the world, but clearly the people who say this haven't tried Audra's version because it is so much better. If you are a fan of the Even Lom cleanser then you need to try this. It's cheaper, smells heaps better and can be custom made for your individual needs.

MyNewSkin - This is an Australian product that's made using natural, fresh ingredients and it's lovely. I've been using it on myself and on Eljay's eczema. For me it's making my skin feel lovely and hydrated and my chinkles (chest wrinkles) have reduced. For bub, it's helping to soothe and clear up his eczema. This is one of those products that's going to be a staple in my household. I love that it's all natural and that most of the ingredients are used within hours of being picked. You can read more about it here.

Kosmea Moisturising Lotion SPF 30 - I've only been using this for just over a week so this is an early rave but so far I'm in love. I'll write a full review after a month or so. This reminds me a lot of my hg sunscreen, Clinique's Super City Block. It's non greasy, hydrating, physical sunscreen and it smells like roses!

Yu-Be Moisturising Cream -Once you get over the strong camphour scent, this is a pretty good moisturiser. I've been using it overnight on my feet and am finding it really effective. I only need to use it a few times a week to keep my feet soft.



1 comment :

  1. The lavanilla deodorant sounds awesome! I've been trying to find a natural deodorant that doesn't contain aluminum and still works! The Nivea ones barely work!
    And the spray bottle lotion sounds like a good idea!
    Awesome February favourite post!
    <3
    Http://enticedspice.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!