Monday 1 December 2014

Project Life Detox

Since quite a few of you are interested in my Project Life Detox, I'll be posting about it every month. If you have any suggestions on how I can detox and declutter, please share them, I need all the help I can get. 

My motto for Project Life Detox is get rid of anything that doesn't grow me, nourish me or make me happy.

The first area I'm concentrating on is my diet. I have a fairly healthy diet however when Tiger is home I tend to eat more crap than I should. I also over eat and have too much sugar. Personally I don't believe in quitting sugar. I know it's all the rage at the moment but I believe everything in moderation. So I won't be quitting sugar, but I will be reducing my sugar intake. I already use agave in place of sugar and eat Pana Chocolate instead of regular chocolate, however recently I've also been eating normal chocolate and having lollies. That stops now.

As for over eating, that stops now too. When I get the urge to snack I'm going to have a glass of water and wait ten minutes. If I'm still hungry then I'll eat something. I'll also stop finish off the boy's leftovers. I hate wasting food, however eating when I'm not hungry is not healthy, so if it means we waste food then so be it.

I'm going to allow myself one day a week to eat whatever I feel like, so if I want cake, chocolate, lollies etc I'll have it once a week. 

I know that when I'm not eating crap and over eating I feel a lot healthier. It'll also help me drop a few kilo's. I'm not overweight but I could do with getting rid of two to three kilo's.

I'm normally good with my water intake but like everything else, I've let that slip recently, so I'm going to be making sure that I drink two liters of water every day.

Another small but significant thing I'm doing this month is unsubscribe from all those email lists that I'm no longer interested in. Instead of just deleting the email every month, I'm taking a few minutes to unsubscribe. 
I'm also going through and tidying up my emails. I have hundreds of unread emails that I'm going to go through and reply to/archive or delete. 

What are you detoxing/decluttering this month? Do you have any tips for me? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!