Thursday 30 April 2015

Thoughts of the month

1. I had a massage this month and it wasn't blissful, I was sore for five days. I've decided that from now on I'm going to get a massage every month. I figure if I'm getting massaged regularly eventually I won't be in pain for days afterwards.

2. I'm very, very late to the party, but I've just found out about the Ed Sheeran/Ellie Goulding thing. Nasty girl.

3. The cooler weather has arrived and it's wonderful. I love winter.

4. This month I realised that I'm very ignorant when it comes to racism. I went to our local show and had a turban put on at a stall for Turbans and Trust. I had it put on, chatted to the people at the stall and thought nothing further of it until I was chatting about it with my Avon lady. I said to her was that I hardly ever see someone wearing a turban. She told me where she'd seen people wearing them and I realised I'd seen them too but it hadn't registered as anything unusual. Later that day I was thinking further and was surprised that someone would face racism/criticism for wearing a turban. Really? But then I put the photo of me in my turban on a few social media sites and some of the comments I got were surprising. Someone asked if I'd joined ISIS and there were a few other terrorist comments. I was horrified and a little embarrassed that I'm so ignorant of racism. When I see people of another race I assume they're Aussies. If they talk with an accent my first thought is of all the amazing food they could cook. It's sad to think that people are discriminated against because of where they come from or their religious beliefs.  

5. Shaved jalsberg cheese could be the end of me. 

6. The Bali execution happened a few days ago. Instead of being punishment it turned into a political issue and those people got caught in the middle of it. I think there are going to be repercussions and it won't be nice.

7 Yesterday I wore my flannel pj's for the first time this year. Tomorrow I'm getting the flannel sheets out. Words cannot explain how happy this makes me. 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!