Monday 10 August 2015

Quick Mummy makeup

I've seen a few videos and posts in the mummy world lately about how to get made up quickly and they really make me laugh. They call a ten minute make-up routine fast. Hah. I took ten minutes to do my make-up when I was childless, that's not fast! Clearly these articles were written by someone who either doesn't have children or who has children that will sit still for more than two minutes (unlike mine who never sit still).

This is my version of how to get made up quickly, aka, how to put on just enough make-up so as not to scare young children when you haven't slept for more than three hours in a row for the last four years.

Here's my naked face. I'd had a bit of sleep so wasn't looking too bad and my Skinstitut skincare is working miracles, however I still need make-up. 

My routine is very simple and takes around three minutes, or seven minutes if you include the time it took me to run into the kitchen (to stop Chai climbing up the pantry in search of lollies), referee two fights (over a car, they have at least 50 cars but always want the same one) and comfort Eljay after Chai hit him (again, because of the car). 

I thoroughly rub in a tinted moisturiser or BB, put concealer on my dark circles (don't rub it in yet, leave it to settle), apply brow pencil, line my top lashline, put on mascara, swipe on some blush add a chubby lip crayon, pat in concealer and I'm done.

Voila.


Products used: Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush in Ethereal Glow, Garnier Miracle Skin Cream, Benefit Fake Up, Models Prefer Matte Moisture Lust Lip Tint in Pink Lemonade, Innoxa Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Navy, Shu Uemura Hard Brow Pencil in Acorn and Napoleon Classic Glam Mascara.
This photo is on another day when I had even less time (thanks to two fighting children and then Eljay hanging off my leg). All I put on was the Garnier Miracle Skin Cream, brow pencil, mascara and lip balm. That took me about two minutes. 

I'm really loving the Garnier Miracle Skin Cream and Models Prefer Matte Moisture Lust Lip Tint so expect a post about them soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!