Monday 14 September 2015

New from Maybelline

Maybelline have released a whole pile of new products in the last few months. I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone that the ones I bought were the lip products.


They've jumped onto the chubby lipstick/lip balm wagon with the launch of Baby Lips Candy Wow. There are four different flavours of which I have three; Mixed Berry, Raspberry and Cherry. All of the flavours are scented according to their respective names and they all give a sheer wash of hydrating colour. As you would expect with a tinted lip balm, these don't last very long on my lips, however that's not a problem as they're a pleasure to use.

Rebel Bloom is a range of wearable pastel lipsticks. I purchased Power Peony and Lilac Flush. Surprisingly the pigment of these isn't great. Even when used over a primer I have to apply multiple layers to get decent coverage. I find that once I've layered on enough coverage the wear is fairly decent, about three hours before I need to reapply. 

I've been wearing Lilac Flush with Candy Wow Raspberry layered over the top and it's beautiful. 


For me the winners are the Baby Lips Candy Wow. They're beautiful to use and cheap at only $6.95.
If you have less pigmented lips than I do the Rebel Bloom lipsticks might work better. You can purchase the Rebel Bloom lipsticks for $16.95.
Rebel Bloom lipsticks in Lilac Flush and Power Peony. Candy Wow in Cherry, Raspberry and Mixed Berry.

What else do I need to check out from Maybelline's new releases?
Have you tried the Rebel Bloom lipsticks? Did they work for you?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!